Buy Landlords' Insurance | Rite Mortgages Buy to Let Mortgage Brokers

Landlords Insurance

Landlords insurance keeps your property safe from any unforeseen problems from tenants or other home damage. Let us help you find the right cover for your property.

Having landlords insurance keeps your property and your investment safe from any potential damage as the result of a difficult tenant. It also covers damage to your property as a result of fires, floods, or any other environmental damage. Almost all landlords will have this cover as standard.

Some landlords insurance policies also secure both the building and the contents if it’s suitable. If you decide to offer a furnished property, landlords insurance can cover furniture, white goods, or other contents in case of burglary, loss, or any other damage.

Our insurance advisors are here to help you find the most suitable landlords insurance policy for your individual property. We will search across the market to find the best rates available. We’ll identify a range of options for you to choose from, explaining the pros and cons of each. We can even offer exclusive, specialist rates that you won’t find anywhere else.

How Can Rite Mortgages Help with Landlords Insurance?

We have over 25 years of experience in the industry.

We’ll work with you to find the best rates for your property, regardless of your requirements.

We have access to exclusive insurance cover that you can’t find anywhere else.

We’ve worked with hundreds of landlords to find the right cover for their properties.

We’ll carry out a comprehensive, no-obligation review of your property for free.

We’re directly Authorised by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority).

Do I Need Landlords Insurance?

Building Insurance

Building insurance is an absolute must to cover any significant damage to the property, caused by the likes of floods or fires. It’s also a requirement for many mortgage lenders (especially for buy to let mortgages) who want to ensure they’re investing in a safe home.

Contents Insurance

Contents insurance isn’t as important as building cover, as the potential losses on items inside the house will be less expensive should something happen to them. That said, we still recommend looking into insurance that covers the contents as well. Many insurance providers will offer both contents and building insurance as standard. The extra cover may well be worth the price in the long term.

Loss of Rent Insurance

Loss of rent cover is extremely important for buy to let landlords who are paying off the mortgage on the property they are renting out. This insurance covers the cost of a tenant who hasn’t or cannot pay the monthly rent, ensuring you don’t miss a mortgage payment as a result. We’d always recommend you take out this insurance to ensure you don’t end up with a damaged credit rating or negative reputation with your lender. Loss of rent insurance can be especially important if you offer your home to students or short-term tenants.

If you’re unsure whether you need specific cover included with your insurance policy, get in touch with Rite Mortgages. We’ll advise you on the right type of insurance to take out, with knowledge gathered through 25 years of helping landlords keep their properties safe.


Call Us Now